Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
We are looking for an experienced manager-level employee who has led operations and human resources within non-profit, public health, education or governmental organizations. The Operations/HR Manager will be responsible for managing, organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
He/she is responsible for implementing the following core functions: operations, human resources, and board administration. In addition, this person will be responsible for directly managing the Office Assistant, and in-directly managing the janitorial, facilities and volunteer staff.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services (HR, IT,
facilities), through improvements geared toward operational excellence.
• Facilitate the procurement of goods and services in accordance with policy and grant
• Provide assistance in the day-to-day implementation of all operational systems,
processes and policies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Assist with management of the organization's local area network computer system and
related IT needs.
• Ensure all contracts and service agreements related to IT, HR and facilities are executed
and complied with.
• Supervise AARP and Career Source part-time paid volunteers. Monitor and assign
clerical and related functions to respond to immediate needs and priorities.
• Ensure there is compliance with all insurance requirements and bonding for all OLCDC
and its subsidiaries.
• Ensure all office corporate filings and related licensing and certification are being met
and filed properly for OLCDC and its subsidiaries.
• Maintain an efficient filing system through Google Drive.
• Use appropriate professional judgment to keep abreast of any changes, issues, or
concerns that may impact daily activities and/or schedules
• Create, maintain and promote a safe clean workplace.
• Administer employee benefits meeting all requirements and serving as the liaison person between OLCDC and insurance companies.
• Assist managers with the recruitment of personnel, facilitate screening and processing of candidates for interviews.
• Conduct all onboarding of new employees insuring they complete all required paperwork.
• Maintain and update personnel files and insure confidentiality.
• Conduct all exit conferences with employees who are departing.
• Prepare an annual training plan according to the requirements agreed with the various managers/directors.
• Organizing and participating in the annual performance management process.
• Assist in planning annual Board and Staff Retreat
• Coordinate the Board of Directors and Committee meetings to include the preparation and distribution of materials for the Board of Directors and its committees, the coordination of logistics, including the process for elected community members to the Board.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field.
• Minimum five years’ experience in Operations role and two years’ experience in HR role. Extensive experience may be substituted for college degree
• Knowledge of office management procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of computer system operations, and skill in typing and using other office equipment.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Skilled in verbal and written communication.
• Ability to form relationships and effectively work with diverse staff, collaborators and the general public.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Flexibility and a “can-do” attitude are musts.
• Willingness to learn and take on new challenges.