Science librarian intern
Classification: Hourly Position - $15/hour
Duration: 6 – 8 months -- minimum of 15 hours/week up to 30 hours depending on the timeline
Reports to: Director of Partnership Engagement
Opa-Locka Community Development Corporation (OLCDC) is seeking an intern preparing for a career in library science
and archives to work closely with our staff in reviewing and archiving 40 years of documents and files on the
organization’s history and programs with the goal of developing a chronology to celebrate OLCDC 40th anniversary.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processing of institutional records, to include arrangement and description and disposing of materials.
• Organizing documents, creating checklists, scanning items, checking sources, writing summaries, researching background
• Development of a workplan consistent with OLCDC 40th Anniversary events
• Pursuing or completing some type of information library sciences education, but open to related programs.
• Preferred BA degree
• Basic understanding of archival arrangement and description, collection development.
• Basic office skills with Microsoft products such as Word and Excel, search skills, interest in corporate history and technology.
• Skilled with computers and databases
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent reading comprehension skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively