Classification: Hourly Position - $15/hour
Duration: 6 – 8 months -- minimum of 15 hours/week up to 30 hours depending on the timeline
Reports to: Executive Assistant to CEO
POSITION SUMMARY:Opa-Locka Community Development Corporation (OLCDC) is seeking an intern to work closely with staff to review and archive 40 years of documents and files on the organization’s history and programs with the goal of developing a chronology to celebrate OLCDC’s 40th anniversary.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviewing of institutional records, to include arrangement and descriptions
• Organizing documents, creating checklists, scanning items, checking sources, writing summaries, researching background
• Development of a workplan consistent with OLCDC 40th Anniversary events
• Pursuing or completing a degree in Library and Information Sciences or related programs.
• Basic understanding of archival arrangement and description, collection development.
• Basic office skills with Microsoft products such as Word and Excel, search skills, interest in corporate history and technology.
• Skilled with computers and databases
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent reading comprehension skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively