Wed, Feb 26|
Opa-locka Town center
Learn To Hire Your First Employee
Time & Location
Feb 26, 2020, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Opa-locka Town center, 780 Fisherman St. Suite 220 Opa-locka, FL, USA
About The Event
Hiring your first employee is a major landmark in your business which requires an investment and a thorough plan to ensure legal compliance to avoid the many landmines. The key to a legal and effective hiring process requires an understanding of the legalities, reporting requirements and best practices to ensure success.
In this workshop, Lisa I. Perez a seasoned HR Executive and fellow Entrepreneur will present step-by-step guidance on:
- Steps to take in preparation of hiring your first employee.
- Organizational considerations before hiring your first employee.
- Compliance with Federal and State Recordkeeping Requirements.
- Determining the right Employment Classifications for your workforce.
- Setting yourself up for success with a thorough Pre-Employment Process
- Interviewing tips to ensure you are hiring legally and effectively.
- Onboarding and Tips to improve employee retention.