Junior Staff Accountant / Accounts Payable Clerk
Position Title: Junior Staff Accountant / Accounts Payable Clerk
Reports to: Controller
Salary Range: $45,000 - $57,000
Ten North Group’s mission is to build a strong ecosystem that supports under-resourced communities in creating an equitable and sustainable economy. In addition to developing community-based affordable housing, Ten North Group also provides full-service, holistic support for the community through financial literacy workshops, family counseling, tutoring, arts programming, job placement and training, community organizing, small business grants and loans, and entrepreneur support.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing and reconciling invoices, processing employee reimbursements, working with outside vendors, and providing overall administrative management support to the Finance Department.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
• Reconciles work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers (W9); scheduling and preparing checks; and resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
• Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
• Requests stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; and preparing checks and ACH payments.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents electronically.
• Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Other accounting duties as assigned.
• Submit grant reimbursements.
• Bank Reconciliations
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in accounting, finance, or equivalent experience.
• Previous accounts payable experience preferred.
• Fund EZ experience a plus but not required.
• Ability to track budget expenses.
• Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Strong data entry and basic mathematical skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Ten North Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Time Off, Retirement, and a Hybrid Work Model.
Ten North Group is an equal-opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Ten North Group are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org